Painting reproduction and painting copy
What's a painting copy?
First of all, we don't do painting copies; a copy of any painting is illegal. Anyway a real copy of a painting is essentially impossible to create, but for some highly skilled master forger.
A copy is a reproduction of a painting in such details that it is impossible to differentiate it from the original.
- The forger, to create a Hopper painting copy, would have to replicate it, not only in details, up to the tiniest brushstroke, but as well with the corresponding materials.
- The canvas should be of the same facture than the one used by the artist. Usually canvases to do copies are recycled from other painting of the same period, just erasing the original lesser artist painting to paint the copy of the designated chef d’oeuvre over it.
- The pigment should be of the same period as well. Nowadays forensic examiner can tell if the paint is from the dated era or not. This part is seriously tricky.
- The painting should be aged as well, and cracks on the paint imitated to perfection; it exists some techniques for that than we will discuss in another article.
- Then finally the painting should be done to look like the original and a forged signature applied
Suffice to say that it is not to the reach of any self-proclaimed artist painter.
What's a painting reproduction?
A painting reproduction resemble the original painting, but even if it is precise to the smallest details, it doesn't have to be painted with the same material as the original was - hopefully!
Our studio is located in Vietnam, where we are doing painting reproductions since 1996.
We take our time to create the most accurate and detailed oil paintings on canvas, so we can be proud of a job well done.
All our Edward Hopper painting reproductions are following a strict traditional painting process: the canvas is primed, stretched on wooden bars and paint at our artist studio.
A painting has to go through several stages and it normally takes 5-6 weeks to complete one. This delay is required to achieve a deep texture, superposing multiple layers of painting over many days, as the oil painting needs time to dry before each new layer can be added; then finally the painting comes to life as the finest details are painted last.
Our Hopper painting reproductions are of greatest quality, and will be a beautiful ornament on your walls – but do not try to sell them as originals!
Buy your Edward Hopper's at our painting studio guarantees the best value for your money.